Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Speculoos Cookie Butter

Product: Speculoos Cookie Butter
Price: ~$3.50

I don't even remember how cookie butter came into my life. All I know is that my life is that much more fulfilled.

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter is somewhat difficult to explain, especially to those who are not familiar with the Belgian cookie treat with the same name. Speculoos, the cookie, is like a shortbread gingerbread cookie without as much spice. Trader Joe's then turned into a spread and that's how we have cookie butter!

Cookie butter, or "gingerbread spread" as I like to call it, can be enjoyed with pretty much anything. My favorite is to simply spread it on toast. Others I know have tried it with ice cream, cookies, and other treats but I find the sweet on sweet taste is just a bit too much for me. Of course, there are also others that just eat it by the spoonful. Wow.

This Trader Joe's treat is really really good. You'll love it...if you can find it. Most stores are low in stock, if they have it at all.

No comments: